Comp_uter Gaming

Please Login Or Register, you cannot post or view certain forums as a guest. Why not join the community today?

Comp_uter Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comp_uter Gaming

The official site for Comp_uter Gaming, home of the Comp_uter Community! Now linked with C-4 Gaming!

2 posters

Basic info

Comp_uter15776
    Comp_uter15776
    Admin

Basic info Empty Basic info

Post by Comp_uter15776 Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm

IRC stands for : Internet Relay Chat. I use mIRC, a version of IRC, and if you have it, you know what im talking about. IRC is kind of like MSN (Windows Live Messenger) in the fact that you chat between people, BUT, you dont have DPs (Display Pictures) and on IRC you generally talk in groups rather than private chat. the great thing about it is, you get channels on servers and then even more servers, so there are literally THOUSANDS of channels with people on them. another thing is bots. these might seem like a bad thing, but in fact they can do a lot of marvellous things with IRCs in-built Script Editor and its own scripting language (based upon different codings). This means that you can play uno on a channel to Banning someone off it for life, using commands such as !mute (if you have a script using that command). to find out more about IRC and how to get it, or where to get it, google mIRC! (personally i find that one the best). Now onto what ive got to do with IRC. i own a channel called #cog, which is run by me, Harry (Comp_uter15776 in IRC and Admin on these forums). The Server which #cog is run on is: IRC.bw-gaming.net and then just type /join #cog to be put straight onto it! read mIRC's help files they are EXTREMELY important and helpful. They cover everything, from NickServ to Scripting, in the finest of details. Anyway, getting back to me and IRC, my three bots, DC-mBOT, Compi-bot and [Infinity]Bot both serve different purposes. DC-mBOT is my protection bot, which can ban you instantly and automatically. it bans you automatically if it detects something, say a flood of lines in a certain space of time. On the other hand, [Infinity]Bot is a service bot, so you can say, Flip a coin, ask the magic 8ball a question, and more fun activities! Finally, Compi-bot is the game bot which links everything ingame with IRC. well i'll keep you posted on any changes to anything that involves a link between me and you guys Very Happy Basic info 86245

Last edited by Comp_uter15776 on Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    maciozo
    maciozo
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Basic info Empty Re: Basic info

Post by maciozo Wed May 04, 2011 6:48 pm

actually i dont think all IRC clients have script support, thats why mIRC owns!

the channel is now #cog and not #comps-fav-hideout

now you only have 1 bot and it's called compi-bot (it only manages stuff to do with the Renegade server, not IRC)

i know this is an old post but i thought it would be a good idea just to bring it up to date.
    Comp_uter15776
    Comp_uter15776
    Admin

Post by Comp_uter15776 Sun May 08, 2011 9:47 am

whoa outdated. I can't even remember posting this, at first i thought that IRC guide structure had collapsed! Surprised

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:20 am